1. They are placed at intersections close to the city limits, so most of the tickets will go to people who can’t vote for the city council.
2. They use imaginary lines to enforce the law, and not the stop bar or crosswalk.
3. The yellow arrows too short, so they can hand out more tickets. They do not meet national standards.
4. They record every license plate that goes through, whether any traffic laws are broken or not.
5. The judge who hears the cases is married to the Assistant Police Chief.
6. The camera systems are not calibrated to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
7. The pavement markings do not meet TDOT standards.
8. Most crashes at intersections happen when someone turns left into oncoming traffic when the light is green. These cameras do nothing to prevent that.
9. TPD officers are getting their tickets thrown out as a professional courtesy, even when they are off-duty.
10. Process sever arrested for giving false testimony causing hundreds of people to get their drivers license suspended for NO reason.
– James Howard